The ingredient of Sweet and sour pork rice noodles
- 500g pork fillet, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon shao hsing Chinese cooking wine (see note) or sweet sherry
- 250g packet dried rice stick (pad Thai) noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 small red onions, halved, cut into wedges
- 1/2 small pineapple, peeled, cored, roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 175g sachet sweet & sour chicken stir-fry recipe base
The instruction how to make Sweet and sour pork rice noodles
- Combine pork, soy sauce and wine or sherry in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 8 to 10 minutes or until noodles soften. Separate noodles with a fork. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok over high heat. Add half the pork and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until browned. Remove to a bowl. Repeat with remaining pork.
- Heat remaining oil in wok. Add onions and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add pineapple and capsicum. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until capsicum is just tender. Return pork to wok. Add stir-fry sauce and noodles. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until warmed through. Spoon into serving bowls. Serve.
Nutritions of Sweet and sour pork rice noodlesfatContent: 556.87 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 76 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 23 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 31 grams protein
sodiumContent: 119 milligrams cholesterol