Treat yourself to a bistro-worthy meal in the comfort of your own meal with this delightful schnitzel.
The ingredient of Pork schnitzel with German potato salad
- 600g desiree or sebago potatoes, washed
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 125ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 80ml (1/3 cup) white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 pork loin steaks
- 100g (1 1/4 cups) finely grated parmesan
- 100g (1 cup) dried breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped sage
- 4 eggs
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 150g (1 cup) flour
- 40g butter
- Lemon cheeks, to serve
The instruction how to make Pork schnitzel with German potato salad
- To make salad, place potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water, bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Add beans and cook for a further 3 minutes or until beans are tender. Drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, heat 60ml (1/4 cup) oil in a frying pan over low heat. Add onion and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until soft. Add vinegar, bring to the boil, then add 60ml (1/4 cup) water and mustard, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thickly slice potatoes and cut beans into 1cm pieces. Combine in a bowl with vinegar mixture and parsley.
- Preheat oven to 150u00b0C. Cut pork steaks in half horizontally. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound pork until 3mm thick. Combine parmesan, breadcrumbs and sage in a shallow bowl. Whisk eggs with milk in a second bowl and place flour in a third bowl and season. Dust pork with flour, dip in egg mixture and coat in breadcrumb mixture. Repeat, dipping pork in egg mixture and coating in breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat remaining 60ml (1/4 cup) oil and butter in a non-stick frying pan over lowu2013medium heat. Fry pork, in 2 batches, for 1 minute each side or until golden. Drain on paper towel. Serve schnitzel with potato salad and lemon cheeks.
Nutritions of Pork schnitzel with German potato saladfatContent: 1023.876 calories
saturatedFatContent: 55 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 18 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 66 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 63 grams protein
sodiumContent: 348 milligrams cholesterol