Serve this sticky, caramelised pork belly with steamed rice and Asian greens for a cold night in.
The ingredient of Caramel pork belly
- 1kg Coles Australian Pork Belly, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 4 cups (1L) beef stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) dry sherry
- 20g ginger, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 whole star anise
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Steamed buk choy, to serve
- Steamed baby broccoli, to serve
- Spring onion, extra, thinly sliced, to serve
The instruction how to make Caramel pork belly
- Cook the pork in a large saucepan of boiling water for 5 mins. Drain.
- Place the stock and half the soy sauce in a large saucepan. Add sherry, ginger, garlic, star anise, spring onion and 2 tbsp of the sugar. Bring to the boil, stirring until sugar melts. Add pork to the soy sauce mixture. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 mins or until pork is tender.
- Transfer pork to a plate lined with paper towel. Heat a frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add fish sauce, remaining soy sauce and remaining sugar. Stir-fry for 2 mins or until sugar dissolves. Add pork and cook for 5 mins or until sauce caramelises.
- Serve pork with rice, buk choy and baby broccoli, sprinkled with extra spring onion.
Nutritions of Caramel pork bellyfatContent: