Pork, sage and apple are perfect complements to each other.
The ingredient of Lemon and sage pork cutlets
- 4 large pork cutlets
- 1/4 cup fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lettuce, leaves separated, washed, dried (see note)
- 2 apples, cores removed, cut into thin wedges (see note)
The instruction how to make Lemon and sage pork cutlets
- Place pork cutlets into a ceramic dish. Finely chop one-third of the sage leaves. Combine 2 tablespoons of oil, lemon juice, chopped sage, and salt and pepper in a jug. Whisk to combine. Pour over cutlets. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place lettuce and apples into a large bowl. Drizzle with remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Remove cutlets from marinade, reserving marinade. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Remove to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Add marinade and remaining sage to hot frying pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until sage is crisp.
- Place pork onto serving plates. Top with crisp sage. Drizzle with warm marinade. Serve with apple salad.
Nutritions of Lemon and sage pork cutletsfatContent: 458.641 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 10 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 60 grams protein
sodiumContent: 144 milligrams cholesterol