Serve these delicious little pork balls as a light cocktail snack. Perfect with dipping sauce.
The ingredient of Soy and sesame pork balls
- 40g (1/4 cup) sesame seeds
- 480g pork mince
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis
- 45g (1/4 cup) rice flour
- 1/4 cup loosely packed finely chopped fresh Thai basil
- 2 green shallots, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Peanut oil, to shallow-fry
- Plum sauce or sweet chilli sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make Soy and sesame pork balls
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add sesame seeds and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Remove from heat.
- Combine the pork mince, egg, oyster sauce, kecap manis, rice flour, Thai basil, green shallot and garlic in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours to develop the flavours.
- Use your hands to roll 1 tablespoonful of pork mixture into a ball. Place on a plate. Repeat to make another 23 balls.
- Add enough oil to a large frying pan to reach a depth of 2cm and heat over high heat. Add half the pork balls and shallow-fry for 4 minutes or until brown and cooked. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with remaining pork balls, reheating oil between batches.
- Transfer the pork balls to a serving platter. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with plum or sweet chilli sauce.
Nutritions of Soy and sesame pork ballsfatContent: