It may take a while to prepare but these sweet and spicy pork ribs are well worth the wait.
The ingredient of Peking pork spare ribs
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice
- 1.2kg pork ribs
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 cups steamed jasmine rice
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Peking pork spare ribs
- Combine hoisin sauce, garlic, soy sauce, cooking wine, honey and five-spice in a large, shallow ceramic dish. Place ribs, in a single layer, in marinade and turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Spray a cold barbecue plate or grill with oil. Preheat on medium-high heat. Barbecue ribs for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove from heat. Cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, combine rice, bok choy, sesame seeds and green onion in a large bowl.
- Place ribs on serving plates. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with rice salad.
Nutritions of Peking pork spare ribsfatContent: 559.738 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 44 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 19 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 45 grams protein