Pears and pork are a classic combo, but this dressing of mustard, honey and orange juice takes them to the next level.
The ingredient of Rack of pork with orange seasoning
- 1 x 1.2kg rack of pork (6 cutlets), French trimmed
- 70g (1 cup) fresh breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- 55g (1/2 cup) almond meal
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh continental parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh sage
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 green shallots, ends trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 3 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 4 large (about 1kg) desiree potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 6 corella pears
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons seeded mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Baby spinach leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Rack of pork with orange seasoning
- Preheat oven to 220C. Place the pork upright on a clean work surface. Use a sharp knife to score the rind in a diamond pattern. Cut down the length of the rack, close to the bones, about 4cm deep.
- Combine breadcrumbs, almond meal, parsley, sage, garlic, shallot and orange rind in the bowl of a food processor and process until combined. Place seasoning down the centre of the cut and use unwaxed white kitchen string to secure.
- Place pork in a roasting pan and rub about 2 teaspoons of salt into the rind. Roast in oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 180u00b0C.
- Place potato in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and a pinch of salt. Toss to coat. Arrange potato around the pork in the pan. Wrap a slice of prosciutto around each pear and secure with toothpicks.
- Add pears to the roasting pan. Roast, turning potato occasionally and basting with any pear juices, for a further 45 minutes or until pork is brown and just cooked through, the potato and pears are golden, and the prosciutto is crisp. Remove from oven. Transfer pork to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining oil, orange juice, mustard and honey in a screw-top jar and shake to combine. Place pears, spinach leaves and potato on serving plates. Use a sharp knife to cut pork rack into 6 cutlets. Place on plates. Drizzle with dressing to serve.
Nutritions of Rack of pork with orange seasoningfatContent: 618.532 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
sugarContent: 46 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 50 grams protein