The ingredient of Pork & spinach terrine
- 350g pancetta or bacon, rind removed
- 700g baby spinach, washed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg pork mince
- 1 tablespoon crushed juniper berries
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Cornichons*, to serve
- Pickled onions, to serve
The instruction how to make Pork & spinach terrine
- Preheat oven to 170u00b0C. Line a 1kg loaf pan or terrine with overlapping slices of pancetta, leaving the excess to overhang.
- Place spinach, with water clinging to its leaves, in a pan over medium heat for 1 minute or until wilted. Drain, refresh under cold water and drain again. Squeeze dry and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frypan, add onion and cook for 1 minute. Add garlic and cook for a further few seconds. Place pork in a bowl, add spinach, onion mixture, berries, spices, brandy and egg. Season well with salt and pepper. Use your hands to combine well, then pack into lined terrine.
- Fold pancetta over top, cover with foil and sit terrine in a roasting pan. Fill pan with enough hot water to come halfway up sides and bake for 2 hours. Remove terrine and sit on a tray. Weigh down with cans or a foil-covered brick. Refrigerate overnight. Serve, sliced, with cornichons, onions, French bread and butter.
Nutritions of Pork & spinach terrinefatContent: 309.983 calories
saturatedFatContent: 17 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 1 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 1 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 33 grams protein