The ingredient of Pork with honey-roasted pears
- 2 (about 250-300g each) just-ripe pears (like beurre bosc, packham or williams)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 60g (3 tablespoons) butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (about 150g each) pork fillets
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- Sliced zucchini steamed, to serve
- Washed small potatoes, halved, steamed, to serve
The instruction how to make Pork with honey-roasted pears
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C.
- Peel, quarter and core the pears. Cut each quarter in half lengthways. Place in a large bowl.
- Combine 1/2 the honey and 20g (1 tablespoon) of the butter in a small saucepan and cook over low heat until the butter is melted. Pour over the pears and toss to coat well.
- Transfer the pears and any liquid to a large non-stick roasting pan. Roast in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until tender when tested with a skewer.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and 1/2 the remaining butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until the butter bubbles. Add the pork, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until browned on all sides. Remove from pan.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200u00b0C. Add the pork fillets to the baking dish with the pears and cook for a further 6-8 minutes or until the pork is just cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and cut the pork diagonally into thick slices. Divide the pork between serving plates. Add the remaining honey and butter to the pears and stir through. Spoon the pears and juices over the pork. Serve immediately with steamed zucchini and potatoes.
Nutritions of Pork with honey-roasted pearsfatContent: 346.072 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 12 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 12 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 33 grams protein
sodiumContent: 177 milligrams cholesterol