Please a crowd with this crispy roast pork made with a delicious lemon and parmesan stuffing.
The ingredient of Lemon and parmesan pork
- 40g butter
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup (75g) fresh breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 lemon, zested, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, chopped
- 1.8kg Coles Australian Pork Leg Roast Boneless
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 garlic bulb, halved
- 1kg baby potatoes
- Steamed broccolini, to serve
- Traditional gravy, to serve
The instruction how to make Lemon and parmesan pork
- Preheat oven to 230C. Heat the butter in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Transfer to a bowl. Add the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, parmesan, parsley and capers. Stir to combine. Season.
- Place the pork, rind-side up, on a clean work surface. Pat dry with paper towel. Turn pork over and use a small, sharp knife to make a 5cm-deep cut under the centre of the meat to make a cavity for the stuffing. Place the stuffing across the centre of the pork. Roll up the pork to enclose the filling. Use kitchen string to tie the pork at 3cm intervals to secure. Place, rind-side up, in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with half the oil. Sprinkle with salt. Rub the salt over the rind and into the cuts. Roast for 30 mins or until rind begins to crackle.
- Reduce oven to 180C. Roast for a further 30 mins. Arrange the potato, halved garlic and lemon wedges around the pork. Drizzle with remaining oil. Roast for 1 hour or until pork is just cooked through. Transfer the pork and vegetable mixture to a serving platter. Set aside, covered, for 15 mins to rest.
- Thickly slice the pork. Serve with the potato mixture, broccolini and gravy.
Nutritions of Lemon and parmesan porkfatContent: