This hearty salad looks and tastes fantastic, while keeping it light and healthy!
The ingredient of Pork with Asian salad
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced tamari
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus 1 teaspoon, extra
- 2 x 400g pork fillets, fat trimmed
- 2 bunches baby pak choy, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red cabbage, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 green apple, cored, cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 30g (2 cups) watercress sprigs
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 long fresh red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 20g (1/3 cup) unsweetened coconut flakes, lightly toasted
The instruction how to make Pork with Asian salad
- Combine the tamari, ginger and honey in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add pork and turn to coat. Cover. Place in fridge for 2u00a0hours to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Place a wire rack over a baking tray lined with foil. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Spray lightly with olive oil. Cook the pork for 1-2 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to prepared rack. Roast for 12-15 minutes or until pork is just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 5u00a0minutes. Thickly slice.
- Meanwhile, arrange the pak choy, cabbage, apple, carrot, watercress and onion in a large bowl. Whisk the chilli, lime juice, oil and extra honey in a small bowl.
- Place pork on top of salad. Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with coconut flakes.
Nutritions of Pork with Asian saladfatContent: 293.492 calories
saturatedFatContent: 8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 15 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 36 grams protein