Pork steaks get a crunchy, golden crust in this family-friendly recipe.
The ingredient of Tonkatsu (breaded pork loin)
- 4 pork butterfly loin steaks
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs (see note)
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- Whole egg mayonnaise, to serve
The instruction how to make Tonkatsu (breaded pork loin)
- Using a sharp knife, cut each steak through the centre to form 2 thin steaks. Place flour, eggs and breadcrumbs into separate shallow dishes. Coat each pork steak with flour. Dip into egg, then coat with breadcrumbs, pressing crumbs on with your fingertips.
- Pour oil into a saucepan until it is one-third full. Heat over medium-high heat until a small piece of bread sizzles when dropped into oil. Cook 2 pieces of pork at a time for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with mayonnaise.
Nutritions of Tonkatsu (breaded pork loin)fatContent: 350.374 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 23 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 1 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 50 grams protein
sodiumContent: 270 milligrams cholesterol