The marinade in this pork meal is a classic Vietnamese recipe and is perfect for tender succulent ribs. Dig in before it disappears!
The ingredient of Vietnamese pork ribs
- 2 racks (1.5kg) pork ribs
- Extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Small red chilli, sliced, to serve
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- 2 small red chillies, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 stalks lemongrass (white part only), bruised, sliced into 1cm pieces
The instruction how to make Vietnamese pork ribs
- Make Marinade. Combine chilli, garlic, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and lemongrass in a small bowl. Transfer to a large snap-lock bag. Add ribs. Massage ribs to coat in marinade. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight, if time permits.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Transfer ribs to a large baking dish. Add 1/2 cup water. Cover dish tightly with foil. Bake for 1 hour. Remove and discard foil. Turn ribs. Bake for a further 30 minutes or until ribs are tender. Transfer to a board. Carefully cut each rack into single ribs and return to baking dish.
- Brush a barbecue grill or chargrill pan with oil. Heat on high heat. Toss ribs in pan juices. Cook ribs for 1 minute each side or until charred. Transfer to a serving plate. Sprinkle with chilli and coriander sprigs. Serve.
Nutritions of Vietnamese pork ribsfatContent: 473.937 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10.1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 17.3 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 42.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 135 milligrams cholesterol