Wilted kale combined with sweet raisins and salty feta makes the perfect match for pork.
The ingredient of Pork with garlic kale
- 2 tablespoons seedless raisins
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, plus extra, to serve
- 100g (about 1/2 large bunch) kale, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 40g creamy feta, crumbled
- 2 x 250g pork fillets
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red cabbage, trimmed, shredded
- 1 large green apple, cut into thin matchsticks
The instruction how to make Pork with garlic kale
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Combine the raisins and 2 tsp balsamic in a bowl. Set aside to develop the flavours.
- Shred one-third of the kale. Tear remaining kale. Heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add shredded kale. Cook, stirring, until just wilted. Transfer to a bowl. Cool. Stir in feta and raisin mixture.
- Make a cut down centre of the pork fillet, (do not cut all the way through). Open to sit flat. Spread kale mixture down the centre. Fold to enclose, then tie with kitchen string.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Spray with oil. Cook pork for 1-2 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a baking tray. Roast for 10-12 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate, reserving any pan juices. Cover loosely with foil. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Thickly slice.
- Place remaining kale in a bowl. Add remaining oil. Massage into kale to soften. Add fennel, cabbage, apple and remaining vinegar. Toss to combine. Top with pork. Drizzle with any pan juices and extra balsamic.
Nutritions of Pork with garlic kalefatContent: 287.517 calories
saturatedFatContent: 9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 19 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 33 grams protein