Transform traditional sweet and sour pork into a healthier meal for any time of the week.
The ingredient of Sweet and sour crumbed pork
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 egg
- 300g pork fillet, cut into 5mm-thick slices
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/3 cup salt-reduced tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 large green capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 440g can pineapple pieces in natural juice, drained
- Thinly sliced green onion, to serve
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Sweet and sour crumbed pork
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place breadcrumbs and flour in 2 separate shallow dishes. Whisk egg in a shallow dish. Coat 1 piece pork in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg. Coat in breadcrumbs. Place on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining pork, flour, egg, breadcrumbs and prepared baking tray (see note). Spray coated pork with oil. Bake, swapping trays halfway through, for 20 minutes or until light golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine tomato sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Spray wok with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Add onion. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until softened. Add capsicums, garlic and 2 tablespoons cold water. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until capsicum has softened.
- Add pineapple and sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until combined and heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Add pork. Stir through until well combined. Sprinkle with green onion. Serve with rice.
Nutritions of Sweet and sour crumbed porkfatContent: 465.094 calories
saturatedFatContent: 5.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 72.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 27.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 118 milligrams cholesterol