The ingredient of Pork with orange & mustard sauce
- 2 (about 320g) desiree potatoes, unpeeled, halved, thickly sliced
- 450g butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into thin wedges
- 150g snow peas, topped, tailed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (140g each) pork butterfly steaks
- 1 orange, rind finely grated, juiced
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
The instruction how to make Pork with orange & mustard sauce
- Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with plenty of cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, partially covered, for 3 minutes. Add the pumpkin and cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until it is just tender. Add the snow peas and cook, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until they are tender crisp and the potato and pumpkin are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the pork steaks and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden brown and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Increase heat to high and add 125ml (1/2 cup) of orange juice to the pan. Boil, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the stock and return to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-high and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until the sauce reduces by about half. Stir in 1 teaspoon of orange rind with the mustard. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the vegetables. Place the vegetables and pork on serving plates. Spoon the sauce over the pork and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Pork with orange & mustard saucefatContent: 295.643 calories
saturatedFatContent: 5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 22 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 11 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 38 grams protein
sodiumContent: 122 milligrams cholesterol