This one-pot pork, sausage, fennel, cannellini bean and crouton-topped casserole is freezer-friendly for nights when you dont feel like cooking.
The ingredient of Pork and sausage cassoulet
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1kg pork shoulder, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 450g packet Italian-style sausages
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 450g loaf ciabatta, crusts removed, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon sage leaves, finely shredded
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
The instruction how to make Pork and sausage cassoulet
- Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan-forced. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish. Cook pork, in batches, for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Add sausages to dish. Cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate. Thickly slice sausages and set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the remaining oil in dish. Add onion, fennel and carrot. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant.
- Return pork and sausage to dish with tomato, chicken stock and bay leaves. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Transfer to oven and bake, covered, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours or until pork is tender.
- Increase oven temperature to 200C/180C fan-forced. Combine bread, sage and remaining oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add beans to cassoulet. Stir to combine. Scatter bread mixture over top of cassoulet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until topping is golden and crisp. Stand for 10 minutes. Serve.
Nutritions of Pork and sausage cassouletfatContent: 472.264 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 33.2 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 35.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 92 milligrams cholesterol