Winter holidays are filled with heartwarming favourites, like this hearty and flavoursome pork schnitzel dish.
The ingredient of Pork schnitzel with apple salad
- 6 x 100g pork schnitzels
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 sage sprig, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon smooth German mustard (see note) or Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour, seasoned
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs (see note)
- Olive oil, to fry
- 1/2 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus wedges to serve
- 2 handfuls winter salad leaves
- 1/3 cup (40g) toasted walnuts, chopped
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate (optional)
- 2 red apples, cored, sliced into wedges
The instruction how to make Pork schnitzel with apple salad
- Place pork on a chopping board and flatten with a meat mallet. Combine buttermilk, garlic, sage and mustard in a shallow dish and add meat. Cover and marinate in fridge for 4 hours.
- Remove meat from marinade, allowing excess to drip off. Coat lightly in flour, then dip into egg and breadcrumbs. Cover and chill until ready to cook.
- For the apple salad, combine oil and lemon juice in a bowl and season well. Add the remaining salad ingredients and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Heat 1cm oil in a heavy-based frypan over medium heat and, in batches, cook schnitzels for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel, then serve with lemon wedges and apple salad.
Nutritions of Pork schnitzel with apple saladfatContent: 859.683 calories
saturatedFatContent: 49 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 65 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 37 grams protein