For the most tender, flavoursome pork, let your slow cooker do all the work.
The ingredient of Pork cutlets with apple & parsnip
- 4 (about 250g each) pork loin cutlets, excess fat trimmed
- Olive oil spray
- 2 Pink Lady apples, quartered, cored
- 1 leek, pale section only, halved lengthways, cut into 4cm pieces
- 3 Red Delight potatoes (see note), cut into 6 wedges
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 250ml (1 cup) white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bunch baby (Dutch) carrots, trimmed, peeled
- 3 small parsnips, peeled, quartered lengthways
- Steamed green round beans, to serve
The instruction how to make Pork cutlets with apple & parsnip
- Season pork with salt and pepper. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray with oil. Cook pork for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Spray the pan with oil. Cook the apple for 2-3 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to the plate with the pork. Cook the leek for 1-2 minutes or until light golden.
- Place 2 pork cutlets in a 5L (20-cup) capacity slow cooker. Top with half the apple, half the leek and half the potato. Place the remaining pork cutlets on top. Top with remaining apple, leek and potato.
- Place the flour in a jug. Add enough stock to make a smooth paste. Add remaining stock, wine, mustard and garlic. Pour over pork. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Add the carrot and parsnip. Cover and cook on low for a further 1 hour or until the vegetables are tender. Divide the pork, apple and vegetables among serving plates. Serve with beans.
Nutritions of Pork cutlets with apple & parsnipfatContent: 440.955 calories
saturatedFatContent: 5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 28 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 14 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 60 grams protein
sodiumContent: 138 milligrams cholesterol