Whip up a delicious meal in 20 minutes with this Asian-inspired sweet and sour pork served with steamed jasmine rice.
The ingredient of Sweet and sour pork
- 440g can pineapple pieces in natural juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 500g Coles Australian pork scotch fillet, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 leek, thickly sliced diagonally
- 1 small red capsicum, seeded, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced diagonally
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Coriander sprigs, to garnish
The instruction how to make Sweet and sour pork
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice. Combine juice in a jug with tomato sauce, vinegar, garlic, soy sauce, cornflour and 2 tablespoon water.
- Heat oil in a large wok or frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook pork, in 2 batches, for 3 mins or until browned all over. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add leek, capsicum and carrot to the wok or pan and cook for 3 mins or until onion is just tender. Return pork to pan with sauce mixture and pineapple. Cook for 5 mins or until pork is just cooked through and sauce thickens.
- Serve pork with rice and top with coriander sprigs.
Nutritions of Sweet and sour porkfatContent: