Use your slow cooker to make this perfectly pulled pork with quince dish this winter.
The ingredient of Pork and quince pot roast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 800g piece pork scotch (neck)
- 1 red onion, halved, cut into thick wedges
- 2 large quinces, peeled, cored, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon whole fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup apera (dry sherry)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 140g tub apple puree
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1 1/2 cups water, boiling
- 1/4 cup pistachio kernels, roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini, peeled into thin ribbons
- Fresh sage leaves, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Pork and quince pot roast
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook pork, turning, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion and quince to pan. Cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and sage. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Stir in honey and apera. Simmer for 2 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker. Add cinnamon stick, mustard and apple puru00e9e. Stir to combine. Add pork. Cover. Cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 8 hours), turning pork twice.
- Just before pork is ready, place couscous in a heatproof bowl. Add boiling water. Stir to combine. Cover. Set aside for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff couscous with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add pistachios. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until toasted. Add zucchini. Cook, tossing, for 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender. Add to couscous. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Transfer pork to a board. Roughly shred. Discard cinnamon stick from quince mixture. Serve pork and quince mixture on couscous, sprinkled with extra sage leaves.
Nutritions of Pork and quince pot roastfatContent: 848.45 calories
saturatedFatContent: 33.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 78.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 48 grams protein
sodiumContent: 180 milligrams cholesterol