Serve these tasty pork and veal mince burgers with coleslaw and spicy tomato sauce for a complete mid-week meal.
The ingredient of Pork burgers with spicy tomato sauce
- 1 baguette (French stick)
- 1 225g pkt coleslaw mix
- 185ml (3/4 cup) coleslaw dressing (Kraft brand)
- 300g pork mince
- 300g veal mince
- 20g (1/4 cup) mixed grain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 125ml (1/2 cup) tomato sauce
- 1/2 elk horn lettuce or oak lettuce, leaves separated, washed, dried
The instruction how to make Pork burgers with spicy tomato sauce
- Cut eight 1cm-thick diagonal slices from baguette. Combine coleslaw and dressing in a bowl. Cover and place in the fridge until serving.
- Place pork and veal minces, breadcrumbs, onion, egg, parsley, cayenne pepper and 1 u00c3u201au00c2u00bd tablespoons of the Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Season well with salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix until well combined. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions. Shape each into a 6cm-thick patty.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the patties for 10 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomato sauce and remaining Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl. Toast the baguette slices.
- To serve, place 1 baguette slice on each serving plate. Top with the lettuce, coleslaw, a mince patty and drizzle with sauce mixture. Serve immediately with the remaining baguette slice.
Nutritions of Pork burgers with spicy tomato saucefatContent: 847.494 calories
saturatedFatContent: 40 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 73 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 29 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 46 grams protein
sodiumContent: 161 milligrams cholesterol