Here is a complete low-carb meal idea with sweet cobs of corn, spicy pork and creamy avocado.
The ingredient of Chilli pork with avocado cream and corn
- 4 corn cobs, husks and silks removed, halved crossways
- 25g butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled
- 60ml (1/4 cup) 97 per cent fat-free diet sour creme (Pauls brand)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 350g pork fillet, halved crossways
The instruction how to make Chilli pork with avocado cream and corn
- Cook corn in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to the pan. Add butter and coriander and toss to combine. Cover with a lid to keep warm. Place the avocado and sour creme in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, combine salt, oregano and cayenne pepper on a plate. Place pork on salt mixture, pressing firmly to coat. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook for 5 minutes each side or until just cooked. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Slice pork fillet across the grain into 2cm-thick slices. Arrange pork on plates and top with avocado cream. Serve with corn.
Nutritions of Chilli pork with avocado cream and cornfatContent: 437.37 calories
saturatedFatContent: 28 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 17 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 26 grams protein
sodiumContent: 106 milligrams cholesterol