*Disclaimer: This recipe is a member recipe. It has not been tested by the taste.com.au team.
The ingredient of Stuffed, bacon-rolled pork fillet
- 1 pork fillet, rolled out
- 3 long bacon rashers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped coarsely
- 3/4 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves chopped coarsely
- Salt and pepper, to taste
The instruction how to make Stuffed, bacon-rolled pork fillet
- To make stuffing: heat butter in a small saucepan. Add garlic and onion, saute until soft and lightly browned, over a high heat.
- In a bowl, combine breadcrumbs, lemon juice, oregano, rosemary sauteed garlic and onion. Add salt and pepper to taste. The mix should be slightly moist, if not, add a bit of softened butter and mix until combined.
- Preheat oven to 210C. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and drizzle lightly with oil.
- Next, place the 3 pieces of bacon side by side lengthways on a board, and lay the pork fillet on top so the bacon is covered. Place a length of plastic wrap over the top of the meat, and bang the meat with a meat hammer until flat. Remove plastic.
- Place stuffing along the pork, and spread evenly. Carefully roll up the bacon, meat and stuffing until rolled tightly. If any stuffing falls out, simply stuff it back in. Tie up the roll with string, or alternatively hold the roll together with wooden skewers, pierced through one end to the other, holding the bacon to the pork.
- Place roll on tray, and bake for about 1 hour, or until meat is cooked through well, making sure to turn the roll over halfway through cooking.
Nutritions of Stuffed, bacon-rolled pork filletfatContent: