Fennel and apple are a classic pairing for succulent pork.
The ingredient of Pork cutlets with roasted fennel and apple
- 2 large fennel bulbs or 4 baby fennel bulbs, trimmed, thickly sliced
- 2 small red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 red apple, cored, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped rosemary leaves
- 4 x 200g French-trimmed pork cutlets
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
The instruction how to make Pork cutlets with roasted fennel and apple
- Preheat the oven to 200u00b0C.
- Toss the fennel, onion and apple with the vinegar and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large baking dish. Sprinkle with rosemary and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes or until the fennel and onion are tender.
- Meanwhile, rub the pork cutlets all over with 1/4 teaspoon each sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat the remaining oil in an ovenproof frypan over high heat. When very hot, cook the pork chops, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until brown. During last 5 minutes of vegetable cooking time, transfer pork to oven to finish cooking.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven, add the spinach and toss gently to combine and wilt spinach.
- Serve vegetables topped with pork cutlets and drizzled with pan juices.
Nutritions of Pork cutlets with roasted fennel and applefatContent: 311.178 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 11 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 38 grams protein
sodiumContent: 88 milligrams cholesterol