This Caribbean pork fillet with pickled cabbage salad is a great family meal that can be marinated, cooked and served in just 30 minutes.
The ingredient of Caribbean pork fillet with pickled cabbage
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chilli
- 1/4 teaspoon Coles Brand ground allspice
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon Coles Brand Italian white wine vinegar
- 750g Coles pork fillet
- 1/4 small red cabbage, cored, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
The instruction how to make Caribbean pork fillet with pickled cabbage
- Preheat barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Combine the pineapple juice, oil, honey, spices and 2 teaspoons of the vinegar in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add the pork and turn to coat. Set aside for 5 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, place cabbage, carrot and onion in a large bowl. Stir remaining vinegar and sugar in a small bowl until dissolved. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Set aside for 20 minutes to develop the flavours.
- Cook the pork on grill, turning occasionally, for 15 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Rest for 5 minutes. Slice. Serve with salad.
Nutritions of Caribbean pork fillet with pickled cabbagefatContent: