This is great dinner-party fare - its easy to make and looks great on the plate.
The ingredient of Pear & celeriac slaw with pork cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 pork cutlets, French trimmed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 celeriac, trimmed, peeled, halved
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 60ml (1/4 cup) white balsamic vinegar (see note)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 firm ripe green pears, quartered, cored, thinly sliced
- 90g blue cheese, coarsely crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 30g (1/4 cup) coarsely chopped walnuts
The instruction how to make Pear & celeriac slaw with pork cutlets
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add half the pork and cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining pork, reheating the pan between batches.
- Meanwhile, add the lemon juice to a large bowl of water. Cut the celeriac crossways into 2mm-thick slices. Cut into thin matchsticks and transfer to the bowl of water.
- Whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, vinegar and honey in a small bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the celeriac. Return to the bowl. Add the onion, pear, blue cheese, dill and walnuts. Season with pepper. Drizzle over the dressing and toss to combine.
- Divide the slaw among serving plates and top with pork cutlets to serve.
Nutritions of Pear & celeriac slaw with pork cutletsfatContent: 349.179 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 10 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 35 grams protein
sodiumContent: 88 milligrams cholesterol