Add some spice to your midweek meal with these peppered pork cutlets.
The ingredient of Peppered pork cutlets with Asian gravy
- 2 egg whites, lightly whisked
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice flour
- 3 teaspoons coarsely ground peppercorn medley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (about 200g each) pork loin cutlets, excess fat trimmed
- 1 small brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornflour
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel beef stock
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 8 (about 550g) chat (small coliban) potatoes, thickly sliced
- 2 bunches broccolini
- 2 (about 300g) yellow zucchini, thickly sliced diagonally
The instruction how to make Peppered pork cutlets with Asian gravy
- Preheat oven to 190C. Combine the egg white, rice flour, peppercorn medley and sea salt flakes in a shallow bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Dip the pork cutlets in the egg-white mixture to evenly coat. Cook in preheated pan for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a baking tray. Bake in preheated oven for 5-6 minutes or until just cooked. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in the frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Combine the cornflour and 1 tablespoon of the stock in a small bowl. Add the cornflour mixture, remaining stock, oyster sauce and soy sauce to the pan, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
- While the pork is cooking, cook the potato in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 8 minutes or until almost tender. Add the broccolini and zucchini, and cook for a further 2 minutes or until broccolini is bright green and tender crisp. Drain well.
- Divide potato, broccolini and zucchini among serving plates. Top with pork and drizzle with gravy. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Peppered pork cutlets with Asian gravyfatContent: