Serve up a delicious meal in no time with this quick and easy balsamic and mustard pork served with braised lentils.
The ingredient of Balsamic and mustard pork with braised lentils
- 1/4 cup (60ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 4 (about 900g) Coles Australian Pork Cutlets, excess fat trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large fennel, finely chopped, fronds reserved
- 1 leek, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored, cut into wedges
The instruction how to make Balsamic and mustard pork with braised lentils
- Whisk the vinegar and mustard in a jug. Place the pork in a glass or ceramic bowl. Pour over the vinegar mixture and turn to coat. Set aside for 15 mins to develop the flavours.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the fennel, leek and carrot. Cook, stirring, for 10 mins or until fennel softens. Add the lentils and stock and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 mins or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Drain the pork, reserving the marinade. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the apple wedges and cook for 1 min each side or until lightly golden. Transfer to a plate. Cook pork for 4 mins each side or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
- Meanwhile, pour reserved marinade into the pan and bring to the boil. Cook for 2 mins or until the sauce thickens.
- Divide the lentil mixture among serving plates. Top with the pork and apples. Serve drizzled with the sauce and reserved fennel fronds.
Nutritions of Balsamic and mustard pork with braised lentilsfatContent: 492.34 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 23 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 53 grams protein