The ingredient of Roast pork with prosciutto pears & couscous
- 2 cups (380g) couscous
- 1/3 cup (50g) toasted slivered almonds
- 8 dried figs, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1.5kg boneless pork loin roast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1kg sweet potato, peeled, cut in chunks
- 3 Packham pears, quartered, core removed
- 12 thin prosciutto slices
The instruction how to make Roast pork with prosciutto pears & couscous
- Preheat oven to 230u00b0C. Soak the couscous in 2 cups water for 5 mins. Use a fork to separate grains. Stir in almonds, figs and cinnamon.
- Untie string from pork. Place rind side down with the thicker end to your left. Spread 2/3 cup of the couscous mixture over the opposite end. Re-roll and re-tie the string. Score rind at 2cm intervals. Brush with the olive oil and Fresh ingredients rub with salt. Place on a wire rack in a baking dish. Cook for 20 mins.
- Reduce oven to 200u00b0C. Cook for 1 hour and 20 mins more until the juices run clear when tested with a skewer.
- Meanwhile, place sweet potato on a baking paper lined tray. Drizzle with oil and season. Wrap each pear quarter in proscuitto and add to tray. Add to oven 30 mins into cooking.
- Rest pork for 10 mins before slicing. Reheat couscous and serve with sweet potato, pears and pork.
Nutritions of Roast pork with prosciutto pears & couscousfatContent: 1007.624 calories
saturatedFatContent: 34 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 91 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 31 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 77 grams protein
sodiumContent: 167 milligrams cholesterol