Dont go out for Vietnamese when you can make this suprisingly simple and super fast recipe at home.
The ingredient of Vietnamese rice noodles with pork and herbs
- 20g dried black fungus (wood ear) (see note)
- 8 dried shiitake mushrooms, (see note) stalks discarded
- 2 tablespoons dried shrimp (see note)
- 750g pork mince
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fish sauce
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch Thai basil
- 1/2 bunch fresh dill
- 1/2 bunch round mint leaves
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 eschalots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 450g packet fresh flat rice noodles (see note) or wheat noodles
The instruction how to make Vietnamese rice noodles with pork and herbs
- Place fungus and mushrooms in a bowl, cover with warm water, then stand for 20 minutes to soften. Drain. Finely chop mushrooms, then thinly slice fungus.
- Meanwhile, place shrimp in a small pan and stir over medium heat for 1 minute or until fragrant. Cool. Using a pestle and mortar, grind to a powder.
- Combine pork, caster sugar, 1 tablespoon fish sauce and lemongrass. Season with pepper. Combine herbs in a clean bowl.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat and stir-fry eschalots for 1 minute or until soft. Add mushrooms and fungus, and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add pork mixture and stir-fry, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add brown sugar and stir-fry for a further minute or until sugar is caramelised. Add chicken stock, remaining 2 tablespoons fish sauce and vinegar, and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a bowl. Cover with boiling water, stir gently to loosen, then drain. Add to wok and cook, tossing gently, for 3 minutes or until combined and heated through.
- Divide noodles among bowls, scatter with ground shrimp, then top with a handful of the herb mixture to serve.
Nutritions of Vietnamese rice noodles with pork and herbsfatContent: