A Mexican feast of corn tortillas, stuffed with rice and pork and topped with cheese and baked golden brown.
The ingredient of Spicy red rice and pork enchiladas
- 1/2 cup white long-grain rice, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 300g pork loin medallions
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup tomato salsa (see notes)
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, rind finely grated, juiced
- 10 enchilada corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
The instruction how to make Spicy red rice and pork enchiladas
- Cook rice following absorption method on packet. Spread over a large, flat tray. Cover and set aside to cool.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Cut into thin strips.
- Add green onions to pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft. Combine rice, pork, green onions, chunky salsa, coriander, lime rind and 2 tablespoons lime juice in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Grease a 6cm-deep, 18cm x 24cm (base) ovenproof ceramic dish. Place tortillas on a flat surface. Spoon 1/4 cup rice mixture into the centre of each tortilla. Roll up to enclose filling. Place tortillas, seam side down, in dish.
- Sprinkle cheese over tortillas. Bake for 15 minutes or until tortillas are warm and cheese is melted. Place on to plates. Spoon over tomato salsa and serve.
Nutritions of Spicy red rice and pork enchiladasfatContent: 469.396 calories
saturatedFatContent: 13 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 57 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 28 grams protein
sodiumContent: 52 milligrams cholesterol