Its up to you whether or not you spill the beans and reveal whats behind these brownies incomparable moistness and distinctive flavor, but rest assured they will be universally adored, even by kids (who probably dont need to know the secret ingredients after all). Just as canned pumpkin puree has long been a trusted way to prepare brownies without all the fat, so too can pureed sweet potatoes, as in this recipe, which also calls for pureed dates for extra flavor and for a "fudgy" consistency, without the need for melted chocolate.
The ingredient of Sweet Potato Brownies
- 2 sweet potatoes medium
- 15 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons agave syrup
The instruction how to make Sweet Potato Brownies
- Line a small, square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into cubes and cook for about 20 minutes until tender.
- Place the potatoes and dates in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- In a bowl, place the remaining ingredients and add the puree. Stir well.
- Place the batter into the prepared pan. Smooth the surface with a spatula.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350u00baF for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost clean.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before unmolding.
- Cut into squares and sprinkle with cocoa powder if desired.