Also called money bags after their shape, these bite-sized bundles with a classic Chinese filling make a great starter.
The ingredient of Pork & prawn dumplings
- 140g pork mince
- 1 large cooked prawn, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 shallot, ends trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 40g drained canned whole water chestnuts
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon Changs Sesame Oil
- Pinch of white pepper
- 18 flour wonton wrappers
- Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make Pork & prawn dumplings
- Place the mince, prawn, shallot, water chestnuts, soy sauce, egg white, sesame oil and white pepper in the bowl of a food processor and process until just combined.
- Place the wonton wrappers on a clean work surface. Spoon 1 heaped teaspoonful of mince mixture into the centre of each wrapper. Brush the edges with a little water. Firmly pinch the edges together to enclose the filling.
- Add enough vegetable oil to a large saucepan to reach a depth of 10cm. Heat to 180u00b0C over high heat (when the oil is ready a cube of bread will turn golden brown in 15 seconds). Add 6 dumplings and cook for 4 minutes or until golden. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with remaining dumplings, reheating the oil between batches. Serve with sweet chilli sauce.
Nutritions of Pork & prawn dumplingsfatContent: 229.44 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 15 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 10 grams protein