A no-fuss roast is the perfect solution for entertaining on a budget.
The ingredient of Roast pork with apple gravy
- Olive oil, to grease
- 3kg pork leg, on the bone
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 500ml (2 cups) apple juice
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 250ml (1 cup) water
The instruction how to make Roast pork with apple gravy
- Brush a large roasting pan with oil to lightly grease. Use a sharp knife to score the pork rind, in a diamond pattern, to the fat layer. Combine the oil, garlic, rosemary and salt in a bowl. Season with pepper. Rub the oil mixture over the pork rind and flesh. Transfer to the prepared pan.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Add 250ml (1 cup) of apple juice to the roasting pan. Roast in oven for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 180u00b0C. Roast for a further 11/2 hours for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a serving platter and cover with foil. Set aside for 20 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, skim the surface of the pan juices to remove excess fat. Place the roasting pan containing the pan juices over medium-low heat. Add the flour and stir until well combined. Stir in the remaining apple juice. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Cook for 2 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Stir in the water. Bring to the boil. Season with salt and pepper. Strain into a heated serving jug.
- Cut the pork and crackling into slices. Serve with the gravy.
Nutritions of Roast pork with apple gravyfatContent: 652.47 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 10 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 107 grams protein
sodiumContent: 305 milligrams cholesterol