Cook succulent pork loin in creamy thyme and garlic infused milk for an Italian-style twist to your traditional family roast.
The ingredient of Italian-style roast pork in milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.1kg Coles Australian Pork Loin u2028Roast (see notes)
- 1 whole garlic bulb, cloves separated, unpeeled
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 6 shallots, halved
- 3 x 2cm-wide strips lemon rind
- 2 cups (500ml) milk, approximately
- 2 tablespoons Bulla Cooking Cream
- 2 Packham pears, cut into wedges
- Olive oil, extra, to brush
- Sage leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Italian-style roast pork in milk
- Preheat oven to 240C. Heat the oil in au00a0frying pan over medium heat. Cook pork, turning, for 5 mins oru00a0until browned. Transfer to au00a0baking pan with garlic, thyme, shallot and lemon rind.
- Add enough milk to the baking pan tou00a0just cover the pork, leaving the rind uncovered (you may not need all the milk at this stage). Transfer pork to oven. Roast, uncovered, for 30 mins.
- Reduce oven to 170C. Roast, topping up milk when needed, for 2 hours or until meat is tender and the rind is crisp. Transfer to au00a0serving plate. Cover loosely with foil and set aside for 10 mins to rest.
- Meanwhile, strain milk mixture into au00a0saucepan, pressing garlic through sieve into milk mixture. Discard solids.
- Add the cream to the milk mixture. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins or until sauce thickens and reduces.
- Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Lightly brush pear wedges with au00a0little extra oil. Cook for 2 mins each side or until lightly charred.
- Arrange the pork and pear on a serving platter. Sprinkle with sage. Cut into slices and serve with the sauce.
Nutritions of Italian-style roast pork in milkfatContent: 250.711 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 7 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 27 grams protein