Pearl barley adds a new twist to this classic winter roast.
The ingredient of Roast pork with winter vegetables and barley
- 2kg Coles Australian Pork Shoulder Roast Boneless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- 1 cup (200g) pearl barley, rinsed, drained
- 2 leeks, coarsely chopped
- 4 parsnips, halved lengthways
- 2 carrots, quartered lengthways
- 4 cups (1L) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250ml) dry white wine
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 1/2 bunch silverbeet, shredded
- Coles Bakery Stone Baked White Sourdough Vienna (see notes), to serve
The instruction how to make Roast pork with winter vegetables and barley
- Preheat oven 240C. Place the pork on a clean work surface. Rub the pork all over with oil and salt. Place in a large roasting pan. Roast for 30 mins. Reduce oven temp to 160C.
- Arrange the barley, leek, parsnip and carrot around the pork in the pan. Pour in stock and wine. Top with rosemary. Cover tightly with foil and roast for 2 hours.
- Increase oven to 180C and roast for a further 30 mins or until the pork is golden brown and barley is tender, adding the silverbeet for the last 5 mins of cooking time.
- Thickly slice the pork. Serve with the vegetable mixture and bread.
Nutritions of Roast pork with winter vegetables and barleyfatContent: