Fire up the barbecue for these spicy Korean pork ribs. Marinate the meat overnight for maximum flavour.
The ingredient of Korean chilli pork ribs with peanut sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hot chilli sauce (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 700g pork belly (spare) ribs
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 green onion, cut into thin strips
- 2 long red chillies, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Green oak lettuce, to serve
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
The instruction how to make Korean chilli pork ribs with peanut sauce
- Place garlic, ginger, peanut butter, lime juice, sauces, sugar and oil in a blender or small food processor. Blend until smooth. Place mixture in a large shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add pork to marinade. Turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- One hour before serving, combine cucumber and vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cover. Refrigerate until required.
- Heat a well-greased barbecue grill on medium-high heat. Drain pork, reserving marinade. Cook pork, turning occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place reserved marinade and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Drizzle pork with sauce. Sprinkle with green onion and a little chilli. Drain cucumber. Serve pork with peanuts, rice, lettuce, pickled cucumber, remaining chilli and coriander sprigs.
Nutritions of Korean chilli pork ribs with peanut saucefatContent: 1019.813 calories
saturatedFatContent: 63.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 60.2 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 44.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 140 milligrams cholesterol