With a herb dijon crumb and crispy lemon kale, this crumbed pork dish is a great addition to your midweek menu.
The ingredient of Crumbed pork with lemony kale and cannellini
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 50g (1 cup) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 2 x 350g pieces pork fillet
- 80ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra, to serve
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced, plus extra, to serve (optional)
- 1 large lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 bunch kale, leaves stripped, torn
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
The instruction how to make Crumbed pork with lemony kale and cannellini
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Whisk mustard and egg in a shallow bowl. Place breadcrumbs on a plate. Use a mortar and pestle to pound the rosemary, fennel and salt until crushed. Add to the breadcrumbs and stir to combine. Place flour on a separate plate.
- Add pork to flour and turn to coat. Shake off excess, then dip in egg mixture. Add to breadcrumb mixture and turn to coat, pressing firmly.
- Heat 2 tbs oil in a non-stick ovenproof frying pan over mediumhigh heat. Cook pork, turning, for 6 minutes or until golden. Transfer pan to oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until pork is just cooked through. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Slice.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tbs oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, chilli and rind. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the kale and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until wilted. Add the beans. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until warmed through. Add the lemon juice. Season. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until the beans are creamy.
- Divide the kale mixture among plates. Top with the pork and drizzle with extra oil. Sprinkle with the extra chilli, if you like.
Nutritions of Crumbed pork with lemony kale and cannellinifatContent: 637.652 calories
saturatedFatContent: 28 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 35 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 54 grams protein