Simply add the ingredients to your slow cooker and then set and forget until dinner time. The resulting pork will be tender enough to cut with a spoon.
The ingredient of Mediterranean slow cooker pork stew
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1kg piece pork neck
- 11/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium eggplant (600g), coarsely chopped
- 1 brown onion, thickly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, cut into large strips
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves, plus extra to serve
- 2 teaspoons chopped sage leaves
- 400g can white beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 300g zucchini, thickly sliced
- Sourdough bread rolls, to serve
The instruction how to make Mediterranean slow cooker pork stew
- Place flour on a plate and season with salt and pepper. Turn pork in flour to coat and shake off excess. Reserve excess flour.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook pork, turning, for 6 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a 3L (12 cup) capacity slow-cooker.
- Heat remaining oil in pan over medium heat. Cook eggplant, onion, capsicum, garlic, thyme and sage for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Sprinkle over reserved seasoned flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Transfer to cooker with beans. Combine stock and tomato paste in a jug and pour over pork and vegetables. Top with zucchini. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until pork is very tender.
- Garnish with extra sage and thyme leaves, if desired, and breadrolls to mop up sauce.
Nutritions of Mediterranean slow cooker pork stewfatContent: