If you can resist devouring them fresh, a sweet chutney made from apricots is just the thing to liven up pork cutlets.
The ingredient of Pork cutlets with apricot & ginger chutney
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 500g fresh apricots, halved, stone removed, coarsely chopped
- 55g (1/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 pork cutlets, French trimmed
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Pork cutlets with apricot & ginger chutney
- Heat half the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft. Add the mustard seeds and ginger, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until the mustard seeds start to pop. Add the apricot, sugar, sultanas and vinegar, and bring to the boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the mixture thickens and almost all the liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the pork to the pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes each side or until the pork is cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Divide rice and pork among serving plates. Top with the apricot chutney. Sprinkle with coriander to serve.
Nutritions of Pork cutlets with apricot & ginger chutneyfatContent: 515.045 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 70 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 30 grams protein