For a meal thats guaranteed to please, try this tender slow-roasted pork made with a tasty apple and hazelnut stuffing.
The ingredient of Apple and hazelnut stuffed pork roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 2 pancetta slices, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (35g) toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs (made from day-old sourdough bread)
- 1 tablespoon sage, finely shredded
- 1 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Egg, lightly whisked
- 2kg Coles Australian Free Range Porku00a0Boneless Leg Roast
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 red onion, cut into thick wedges
- 1 small fennel, cut into wedges
- 2 small pears, halved lengthways
- 2 small apples (such as Granny Smith), extra, halved
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) apple cider
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- Sage leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Apple and hazelnut stuffed pork roast
- Preheat oven to 230C. Heat half the oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the leek and pancetta. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until leek softens. Transfer to a bowl. Add the hazelnuts, chopped apple, breadcrumbs, shredded sage and egg. Stir to combine. Season.
- Place pork, rind-side up, on a work surface. Pat dry with paper towel. Turn pork over and use a small, sharp knife to make a 5cm-deep cut under the centre of the meat to make a cavity for the stuffing. Place the stuffing across the centre of the pork. Roll pork to enclose the filling. Use kitchen string to tie the pork at 3cm intervals to secure. Place, rind-side up, in a roasting pan. Drizzle with remaining oil. Sprinkle with fennel seeds and salt. Rub the salt mixture over the rind and into the cuts. Roast for 30u00a0mins oru00a0until rind begins to crackle.
- Reduce oven to 180C. Roast for a further 1 hour. Arrange the onion and fennel around the pork. Sprinkle the cut side of the pear and apple halves with sugar. Arrange around the pork. Roast for 30 mins or until pork is just cooked through. Transfer pork to a platter. Cover with foil. Set aside for 15 mins to rest.
- Transfer the onion, fennel, pear and apple to a clean roasting pan and roast for a further 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, transfer pan juices to a jug. Stir in cider and stock. Place roasting pan over medium-high heat. Add the flour and cook for 1 min. Add the stock mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5u00a0mins or until gravy boils and thickens.
- Top the vegetable mixture with sage leaves. Serve with the pork and gravy.
Nutritions of Apple and hazelnut stuffed pork roastfatContent: 478.478 calories
saturatedFatContent: 23 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 17 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 11 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 48 grams protein