Eliminate stress from weeknight dinners with this easy low-fat braised pork.
The ingredient of Braised pork with cranberry and five-spice
- 800g boned pork shoulder, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup shao hsing (Chinese cooking wine)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches baby bok choy, trimmed, roughly chopped
- Cooked rice stick noodles, to serve
The instruction how to make Braised pork with cranberry and five-spice
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Cut pork into 3cm cubes. Heat oil in a large, heavy-based, flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Cook the pork, in two batches, for 5 to 6 minutes or until well browned. Transfer to bowl. Drain any oil from the dish.
- Return pork to dish. Add sauces, shao hsing, orange rind, orange juice, stock, spice, garlic and ginger. Cover. Bake, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours or until pork is very tender.
- Place bok choy on top of pork in dish. Cover. Bake for a further 5 minutes or until bok choy has wilted. Serve pork and bok choy with a little sauce and rice noodles.
Nutritions of Braised pork with cranberry and five-spicefatContent: 488.277 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 53.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 40.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 105 milligrams cholesterol