These pork schnitzels are served with späetzle, meaning little sparrows, which are tiny German dumplings.
The ingredient of Gremolata-crusted pork schnitzel with späetzle
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, plus extra leaves to serve
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons drained capers, finely chopped
- 5 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 12 x 70g pork sizzle steaks
- Vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- 250g roasted cherry truss tomatoes, to serve
- 3 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 50g butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh chives
The instruction how to make Gremolata-crusted pork schnitzel with späetzle
- Combine parsley, chives, rind, garlic and capers in a bowl. Add breadcrumbs and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Transfer to a plate. Whisk milk and egg together in a shallow dish. Place flour on a plate. Coat each schnitzel in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture. Coat in breadcrumb mixture, pressing firmly to coat well. Place on a plate. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make Spau0308etzle: Combine flour, rind and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk egg and 11u20444 cups water in a jug. Gradually whisk egg mixture into flour mixture, until batter is smooth and slightly runny.
- Add enough oil to a large heavy-based frying pan to come 1cm up side of pan. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook schnitzels, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat. Pour 1/3 the spau0308etzle batter into a metal colander set over the boiling water. Using the back of a wooden spoon or ladle, push the batter through the holes of the colander into the boiling water. Remove colander. Boil spau0308etzle for 1 to 2 minutes or until they float to the surface. Using a slotted spoon, transfer spau0308etzle to a heatproof bowl. Add 1/3 of butter and 1/3 of chives. Toss to combine. Cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, butter and chives. Serve schnitzel with spau0308etzle, tomatoes and lemon wedges, sprinkled with extra parsley.
Nutritions of Gremolata-crusted pork schnitzel with späetzlefatContent: 1223.202 calories
saturatedFatContent: 34.4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 146.8 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 73.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 382 milligrams cholesterol