Get the kids to help make these tasty, vegetable filled sausage rolls.
The ingredient of Pork, veal and vegetable sausage rolls
- 2 (200g) zucchini
- 1 small brown onion, peeled
- 250g veal mince
- 250g pork mince
- 100g green beans, topped, thinly sliced
- 60g (1 cup) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 sheets (25 x 25cm) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Tomato sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make Pork, veal and vegetable sausage rolls
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Kids task: Use the coarse side of the grater to grate the zucchini and onion. Use your hands to firmly squeeze out the excess liquid. Place zucchini and onion in a large bowl. Add the veal mince, pork mince, beans, breadcrumbs and egg. Use your hands to mix until well combined.
- Kids task (with adult assistance): Cut a sheet of pastry in half to form 2 rectangles. Divide the mince mixture into 6 portions. Place one portion lengthways down the centre of each rectangle of pastry, moulding the mince mixture into a long sausage shape.
- Kids task (with adult assistance): Brush one long side of the pastry with a little milk. Roll the pastry lengthways, beginning with the unbrushed long side, to enclose the mince filling. Cut the roll in half to make 2 rolls. Place seam-side down on a lined tray. Use a small butter knife to make 3 diagonal slashes in the top of the pastry. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Repeat with remaining pastry, mince mixture, milk and sesame seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, swapping the trays halfway through cooking, or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve with tomato sauce.
Nutritions of Pork, veal and vegetable sausage rollsfatContent: