For a healthy weeknight meal, you can rely on this Asian-style pork with crunchy wombok slaw.
The ingredient of Chilli and lime pork with Asian coleslaw
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine (see note)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 500g pork fillets
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 Chinese cabbage (wombok), shredded
- 200g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
The instruction how to make Chilli and lime pork with Asian coleslaw
- Whisk rice wine, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and chilli in a small jug. Place pork in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add half the rice wine mixture. Turn pork to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Spray a barbecue plate or chargrill with oil. Heat over high heat. Cook pork for 5 to 6 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Remove to a plate. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, combine cabbage, snow peas, onion and mint in a large bowl. Add half the remaining rice wine mixture. Toss gently to combine. Serve salad topped with pork and drizzled with remaining rice wine mixture.
Nutritions of Chilli and lime pork with Asian coleslawfatContent: 226.333 calories
saturatedFatContent: 2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 16 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 34 grams protein
sodiumContent: 119 milligrams cholesterol