Weve given the classic flavour combo of ham and pineapple a grown-up makeover. Perfect for entertaining, this is the best way to roast and serve a pork rack.
The ingredient of Roast pork rack with sticky rum pineapple salad
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, crushed
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, crushed
- 2kg (8-rib rack) French-trimmed pork rack
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pineapple, peeled, quartered lengthways
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/2 cup macadamias, chopped, toasted
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 400g green beans, trimmed, steamed
The instruction how to make Roast pork rack with sticky rum pineapple salad
- Preheat oven to 240C/220C fan-forced.
- Combine salt, cumin and coriander in a small bowl. Using a small sharp knife, score pork rind by making shallow cuts diagonally in both directions at 1cm intervals. Rub pork all over with oil. Rub salt mixture all over pork. Place pork, rind-side up, in a large roasting pan. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Roast for a further 1 hour 10 minutes or until pork has cooked through. Remove from oven. Cover pork loosely with foil. Stand for 10 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, remove and discard core from each piece of pineapple. Cut each piece into 5mm-thick slices. Place in a bowl. Add brown sugar and rum. Toss to combine. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until caramelised. Transfer pineapple to a bowl. Add macadamia, onion, chilli and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Gently toss to combine.
- Place beans in a large serving bowl. Top with pineapple salad. Drizzle pork with pan juices and serve with salad.
Nutritions of Roast pork rack with sticky rum pineapple saladfatContent: 526.995 calories
saturatedFatContent: 27.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6.4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 20.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 45.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 85 milligrams cholesterol