This meat should fall from the bone as you eat it – youll need lots of serviettes! See notes to cook this recipe in a pressure cooker.
The ingredient of Slow-cooker southern pork ribs
- 1kg Aussie pork ribs (see note)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beer
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 5 drops tabasco sauce
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Salt, to season
- Coleslaw, to serve
- Corn cobs, to serve
The instruction how to make Slow-cooker southern pork ribs
- Cut ribs into 3 to 4 bone portions. Heat oil in a large, deep non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Season pork with salt and pepper. Add half the ribs to pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to the bowl of a 5.5 litre slow cooker. Repeat with the remaining ribs.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and carrot. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomato, beer, barbecue sauce and tabasco sauce. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over ribs. Cover with lid. Cook on low for 6 hours or until ribs are tender and falling from the bone.
- Serve with mashed potato, coleslaw and corn.
Nutritions of Slow-cooker southern pork ribsfatContent: 692.144 calories
saturatedFatContent: 36.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 51.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 29.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 115 milligrams cholesterol