Try midweek modern Asian - tender pork glazed with a delicately spiced cherry sauce.
The ingredient of Pork with sweet & sour cherry sauce
- 60ml (1/4 cup) port
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) red wine vinegar
- 2 whole star anise
- 300g pkt frozen cherries
- 125ml (1/2 cup) SPC Plum Sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (about 850g) pork loin cutlets
- Steamed Asian greens, to serve
The instruction how to make Pork with sweet & sour cherry sauce
- Preheat oven to 200u00baC. Stir port, sugar, vinegar and star anise in a small saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 1 minute. Add the cherries and simmer for 1 minute. Strain into a bowl, reserving 125ml (1/2 cup) of the liquid. Reserve the star anise and cherries. Discard the remaining liquid.
- Return the reserved liquid to the pan. Stir in the plum sauce and soy sauce. Simmer for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in the reserved cherries and star anise. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Season the pork with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until well browned. Transfer to a baking tray. Brush with 2 tablespoons of the sauce. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Divide the pork and Asian greens among serving plates. Pour over the remaining sauce.
Nutritions of Pork with sweet & sour cherry saucefatContent: 478.956 calories
saturatedFatContent: 9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 47 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 43 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 48 grams protein
sodiumContent: 117 milligrams cholesterol