Get ready for the crunchiest pork schnitzels in town. Served with apple mint sauce, this is a meal to be proud of.
The ingredient of Pork schnitzel with sweet potato chips
- 300g pork leg steaks, cut in half
- 1/2 cup plain flour (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup light milk
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 750g sweet potato, peeled
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves, chopped
The instruction how to make Pork schnitzel with sweet potato chips
- Place pork steaks between 2 sheets plastic wrap. Using a rolling pin or the flat side of a meat mallet, beat steaks until flattened. In 3 separate shallow bowls, place seasoned flour, combined egg and milk, and breadcrumbs. Coat steaks in flour, then egg mixture, then breadcrumbs. Place on a clean plate. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Cut sweet potato into 1.5cm-thick chips. Place on 1 tray. Spray lightly with oil. Bake, turning chips occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Place schnitzels on remaining tray. Spray lightly with oil. Place in the oven on the shelf below the chips. Cook both for a further 25 minutes or until crumbs are crisp and chips are golden.
- Make apple mint sauce Combine apples, water and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until apples are soft. Stir in allspice and mint.
- Serve schnitzels with sweet potato chips and apple mint sauce.
Nutritions of Pork schnitzel with sweet potato chipsfatContent: 509.07 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 80.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 28.8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 91 milligrams cholesterol